[openstack-dev] A question about strange behavior of oslo.config in eclipse

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Feb 10 14:38:08 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 04:29 AM, Joshua Zhang wrote:
> Hi Stacker,
>    A question about oslo.config, maybe a very silly question. but pls
>    tell
> me if you know, thanks in advance.
>
>    I know oslo has removed 'olso' namespace, oslo.config has been changed
> to oslo_config, it also retains backwards compat.
>
>    I found I can run openstack successfully, but as long as I run
>    something
> in eclipse/pydev it always said like 'NoSuchOptError: no such option:
> policy_file'. I can change 'oslo.config' to 'oslo_config' in
> neutron/openstack/common/policy.py temporarily to bypass this problem
> when
> I want to debug something in eclipse. But I want to know why? who can
> help
> me to explain ? thanks.

It sounds like you have code in one module using an option defined
somewhere else and relying on import ordering to cause that option to be
defined. The import_opt() method of the ConfigOpts class is meant to
help make these cross-module option dependencies explicit [1]. If you
provide a more detailed traceback I may be able to give more specific
advice about where changes are needed.

Doug

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/oslo.config/configopts.html?highlight=import_opt#oslo_config.cfg.ConfigOpts.import_opt