[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Additional user account in the OpenStack for fetching OpenStack workloads

Alexander Kislitsky akislitsky at mirantis.com
Tue Feb 10 11:02:26 UTC 2015

Folks,

We are collecting OpenStack workloads stats. For authentication in the
keystone we are using admin user credentials from Nailgun. Credentials can
be changed directly in the OpenStack and we will loose possibility of
fetching information.

This issue can be fixed by creation additional user account:

   1. I propose to generate additional user credentials after master node
   is installed and store it into master_node_settings table in the Nailgun.
   2. Add abstraction layer into
   https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/blob/master/nailgun/nailgun/statistics/utils.py#L47
   for creating additional user in the OpenStack if it isn't exists.

But this additional user can be useful for other purposes and may be we
should save credentials in other place (settings.yaml for example). And may
be creation of the additional user should be implemented outside of stats
collecting feature and may be outside of Nailgun.

Please share your thoughts on this.