[openstack-dev] [nova] Feature Freeze Exception request for "Add the Nova libvirt StorPool attachment driver."

Peter Penchev openstack-dev at storpool.com
Tue Feb 10 10:28:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'd like to request a feature freeze exception for the change:
  https://review.openstack.org/140733/

It's a small, self-contained driver for attaching StorPool-backed
Cinder volumes to existing Nova virtual machines.  It does not touch
anything outside its own bailiwick (adds a new class to
nova/virt/libvirt/volume.py) and is just a couple of lines of code,
passing requests through to the JSON-over-HTTP StorPool API.

The Cinder support for volumes created on a StorPool cluster was
merged before Kilo-1, and IMVHO it would make sense to have a Nova
attachment driver to actually use the Cinder support.

The change was reviewed by Daniel Berrange, who posted a very
reasonable suggestion for restructuring the code, which I implemented
within a few days.  I would be very grateful if somebody could take a
look at the proposed addition and consider it for a feature freeze
exception.

Thanks in advance for your time, and keep up the great work!

G'luck,
Peter