[openstack-dev] [nova] Feature Freeze Exception Request

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 10:06:48 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 10:47:29AM -0500, Solly Ross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to request a feature freeze exception for the
> "Websockify security proxy framework" blueprint [1].
>
> The blueprint introduces a framework for defining "security drivers" for the
> connections between the websocket proxy and the hypervisor, and provides
> a TLS driver for VNC connections using the VeNCrypt RFB auth method.
>
> The two patches [2] have sat in place with one +2 (Dan Berrange) and multiple +1s
> for a while now (the first does not currently show any votes because of a merge
> conflict that I had to deal with recently).

I'll sponsor this one obviously since I have already +2'd it.  I'd really
like to see this feature merged for Kilo, since we've already delayed it
from merge in Juno due to lack of reviewer attention, and it'd be giving
a pretty poor impression to delay it another 6 months for the same reason

The feature itself does touch codepaths which impact existing code, but
I think the risk is low because the feature is opt-in, so out of the box
users will still be using the existing proven stable codepaths.

Regards,
Daniel