[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron] Create VM using port-create vs nova boot only?

Feodor Tersin ftersin at cloudscaling.com
Tue Feb 10 06:49:39 UTC 2015

Hi

When you create a port separately, you can specify additional fixed IPs,
extra DHCP options. But with 'nova boot' you cannot.
Also if you need an instance with several nics, and you want that each nic
has its own set of security groups, you should create ports separately.
Because 'nova boot --security-groups ggg' command sets specified security
groups for an each port, which is created during the instance launch.