[openstack-dev] [horizon][keystone] SSO

Anton Zemlyanov azemlyanov at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 9 09:32:37 UTC 2015

SSO (Single sign-on) is great. There are some problems, though:

1) If the cloud is private without Internet access, then a private SSO
service should be up and runnning
2) There is no such a thing as OpenStack ID. Should we use Launchpad?
Facebook login? Twitter?
3) Technical difficulties embedding SSO into website.

As SSO service is often located on the different domain, the browser opens
a new window, then open the SSO page there, then redirects to "our" page
that uses some cross domain messageing like postMessage to inform main page
of login results. The main page closes the popup. The stuff is rather
complex, Facebook and other social nets have SDKs that do all the stufff.

That's certainly not an easy task to make an SSO service, implement SSO SDK
and embed in into Horizon.

Anton