[openstack-dev] [nova] FFE request for passing capabilities in the flavor to ironic

Nisha Agarwal agarwalnisha1980 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 11:38:55 UTC 2015

Hi wanyen and Nova team,

I support wanyen for this FFE. The code changes are very small and harmless
to Nova. They just provide a way to ironic to comsume inputs given at
flavor.

Regards
Nisha

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 12:33 AM, Hsu, Wan-Yen <wan-yen.hsu at hp.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

>    I would like to ask for a feature freeze exception for passing
> capabilities in the flavor to Ironic:
>

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/pass-flavor-capabilities-to-ironic-virt-driver
>
>         Addressed by: https://review.openstack.org/136104
>     Pass on the capabilities in the flavor to the ironic
>
>        Addressed by: https://review.openstack.org/141012
>            Pass on the capabilities to instance_info
>
>     several Ironic Kilo features including secure boot, trusted boot, and
> local boot support with partition image are depending on this feature.  It
> also has impact on Ironic vendor driver’s hardware property introspection
> feature.
>

>      Code changes to support this spec in Nova ironic virt driver is very
> small-
>
>     only 31 lines of code (including comments) in
> nova/virt/ironic/patcher.py,  and 22 lines of code in test_patcher.py.
>

>    Please consider approving this FFE.  Thanks!
>

> Regards,
>
> wanyen

The Secret Of Success is learning how to use pain and pleasure, instead
of having pain and pleasure use you. If You do that you are in control
of your life. If you don't life controls you.