[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [Telco][NFV][infra] Review process of TelcoWG use cases

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 14:21:26 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Anthony Veiga" <Anthony_Veiga at cable.comcast.com>
>
> > On Feb 6, 2015, at 8:17 , Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 2015-02-06 12:11:40 +0100 (+0100), Marc Koderer wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Therefore I uploaded one of them (Session Border Controller) to
> >> the Gerrit system into the sandbox repo:
> >>
> >>    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/152940/1
> > [...]
> >
> > This looks a lot like the beginnings of a specification which has
> > implications for multiple OpenStack projects. Would proposing a
> > cross-project spec in the openstack/openstack-specs repository be an
> > appropriate alternative?\
>
> It does look like that.  However, the intent here is to allow non-developer
> members of a Telco provide the use cases they need to accomplish. This way
> the Telco WG can identify gaps and file a proper spec into each of the
> OpenStack projects.

Indeed, what we're trying to do is help the non-developer members of the group articulate their use cases and tease them out to a level that is meaningful to someone who is not immersed in telecommunications themselves. In this way we hope to in turn be able to create meaningful specifications for the actual OpenStack projects impacted.

It's possible that some of these will be truly cross-project and therefore head to openstack-specs but initial indications seem to be that most will either be specific to a project, or cross only a couple of projects (e.g. nova and neutron) - I am sure someone will come up with some more exceptions to this statement to prove me wrong :).

Thanks,

Steve