[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [Telco][NFV][infra] Review process of TelcoWG use cases

Veiga, Anthony Anthony_Veiga at cable.comcast.com
Fri Feb 6 13:55:33 UTC 2015

> On Feb 6, 2015, at 8:17 , Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
>
> On 2015-02-06 12:11:40 +0100 (+0100), Marc Koderer wrote:
> [...]
>> Therefore I uploaded one of them (Session Border Controller) to
>> the Gerrit system into the sandbox repo:
>>
>>    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/152940/1
> [...]
>
> This looks a lot like the beginnings of a specification which has
> implications for multiple OpenStack projects. Would proposing a
> cross-project spec in the openstack/openstack-specs repository be an
> appropriate alternative?\

It does look like that.  However, the intent here is to allow non-developer members of a Telco provide the use cases they need to accomplish. This way the Telco WG can identify gaps and file a proper spec into each of the OpenStack projects.

>> - we create a project under Stackforge called telcowg-usecases
>> - we link blueprint related to this use case
>> - we build a core team and approve/prioritize them
>
> I suppose this somewhat parallels how the API Working Group has
> decided to operate, so perhaps you just need a dedicated repository
> for Telco Working Group documents in general... some of which would
> percolate to cross-project specs (or maybe just related per-project
> specs) once sufficiently refined for a broader audience?

We’re considering a proper repo.  As Marc said, this is our first attempt at seeing if this can actually work.