[openstack-dev] [nova] stuck patches at the nova IRC meeting

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Feb 6 13:20:09 UTC 2015

Ok, my bad. When I proposed this part of the Nova meeting I was also
thinking about "lost" patches where a couple of weeks had gone by
without any negative feedback and the patch author got a chance to
advocate for it. That's how we used it in Tempest meetings.

The theory being that engaging in more communication might help with
having patches be a little closer to what's needed for merge.

On 02/05/2015 07:46 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> Certainly it was my intent when I created that agenda item to cover
> reviews that wouldn't otherwise reach a decision -- either two cores
> wedged, or something else that we can't resolve trivially in gerrit.
>
> Now, I can see that people don't like reviews sitting for a long time,
> but that's probably too long a list to cover in an IRC meeting. I'm
> not opposed to trying, but we should set expectations that we're going
> to talk about only a few important reviews, not the dozens that are
> unloved.
>
> Michael
>
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 11:13:50PM +0100, Sylvain Bauza wrote:
>>
>>> I was always considering stuck reviews as reviews where 2 or more cores were
>>> disagreeing between themselves so that it was needing a debate discussion
>>> during the meeting.
>>
>> I was under the same impression.
>>
>> Stuck reviews were for reviewws were there was strong disagreement (amongst
>> cores)
>> Other reviews can be discussed as part of "Open discussion"
>>
>> Yours Tony.

Sean Dague
http://dague.net