[openstack-dev] [infra][project-config][oslo.messaging] Pre-driver requirements split-up initiative

Denis Makogon dmakogon at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 6 12:37:08 UTC 2015

Hello to All.

As part of oslo.messaging initiative to split up requirements into certain
list of per messaging driver dependencies
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/83150/>

it was figured that we need to find a way to use pip inner dependencies and
we were able to do that, short info our solution and how it works:

   - This is how regular requirements.txt looks:

dep1

…

dep n

   - This is how looks requirements.txt with inner dependencies:

    dep1

    -r somefolder/another-requirements.txt

    -r completelyanotherfolder/another-requirements.txt

    …

    dep n

That’s what we’ve did for oslo.messaging. But we’ve faced with problem that
was defined as openstack-infra/project-config

tool issue, this tool called project-requirements-change
<https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/scripts/project-requirements-change.py>
.As you can see it’s not able to handle inner dependencies in any

of requirements.txt files, as you can see this tool expects to parse only
explicit set of requirements (see regular requirements.txt definition
above).

So, i decided to fix that tool to make it able to look over inner
dependencies, and here’s <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/153227/> what i
have for yesterday,

Taking into account suggestion from Monty Taylor i’m bringing this
discussion to much wider audience.

And the question is: aren’t we doing something complex or are there any
less complex ways to

accomplish the initial idea of splitting requirements?

Kind regards,

Denis M.
            IRC: denis_makogon at Freenode