[openstack-dev] [OpenStack Foundation] Finding people to work on the EC2 API in Nova

Rushi Agrawal rushi.agr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 12:20:49 UTC 2015

There seems to be an agreement that people are fine if we improve the
in-tree Nova EC2 API more robust by adding proper Tempest tests to it,
regardless of the way forward (in-Nova-tree vs out-of-tree repo).

But there are also concerns that Tempest is not the right place for these
EC2 API tests. While I am not mature enough with testing methodologies to
comment on what is good vs bad, I am seeing a problem if we start blocking
new EC2 Tempest tests, and ask to move them out-of-Tempest first. This will
particularly hurt the EC2-code-in-Nova camp (which includes me) who have
seemingly been given a lifeline until the next summit to prove they care
about in-tree EC2 code.

So I just wanted to know what does concerned people think about this
problem. On solution I can see is allow tests to be added to Tempest for
now, and then make the switch post-summit. I am hoping moving tests out of
Tempest at-once wouldn't be a tough job (mostly tidying import
statements?).

Regards,
Rushi Agrawal
Cloud Engineer,