[openstack-dev] [horizon] JavaScript docs?

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 18:26:50 UTC 2015

On Thu Feb 05 2015 at 12:07:01 AM Radomir Dopieralski <
openstack at sheep.art.pl> wrote:

> Plus, the documentation generator that we are using already, Sphinx,
> supports JavaScript perfectly fine, so I see no reason to add another tool.

Try to empathize with us a little here. What you're asking is equivalent to
saying "OpenStack should use JavaDoc for all its documentation because it
supports python". For all the reasons that you would mistrust JavaDoc, I
mistrust Sphinx when it comes to parsing javascript.

With that in mind, how about we run a side-by-side comparison of Sphinx vs.
NGDoc? Without actual comparable output, this discussion isn't much more
than warring opinions.

Michael