[openstack-dev] [nova] memory reporting for huge pages

Alexis Lee alexisl at hp.com
Thu Feb 5 15:09:19 UTC 2015

Chris Friesen said on Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 05:35:55PM -0600:
> it can be very difficult to determine whether
> a given flavor/image is bootable within the network

This implies to me that what you'd really like is to be able to ask the
scheduler whether a given flavor/image is bootable. The Gantt team are
working on breaking the scheduler out of Nova, as part of this it will
become a consultant rather than part of the chain-of-command for booting
instances (IE, a proxy). That should make such a query relatively easy
to support.

Alexis
--
Nova Engineer, HP Cloud.  AKA lealexis, lxsli.