[openstack-dev] [nova] memory reporting for huge pages

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Feb 4 23:35:55 UTC 2015

As part of "https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/virt-driver-large-pages"
we have introduced the ability to specify based on flavor/image that we want to
use huge pages.

Is there a way to query the number of huge pages available on each NUMA node of
each compute node?

I haven't been able to find one (short of querying the database directly) and
it's proven somewhat frustrating.

Currently we report the total amount of memory available, but when that can be
broken up into several page sizes and multiple NUMA nodes per compute node it
can be very difficult to determine whether a given flavor/image is bootable
within the network, or to debug any issues that occur.

Chris