[openstack-dev] The API WG mission statement

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 15:53:49 UTC 2015

On 02/02/2015 02:51 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:

>          To improve developer experience converging the OpenStack API to
>          a consistent and pragmatic RESTful design. The working group
>          creates guidelines that all OpenStack projects should follow,
>          avoids introducing backwards incompatible changes in existing
>          APIs and promotes convergence of new APIs and future versions of
>          existing APIs.

i like this, definitely a step in the right direction. i like Chris'
comment (from a different email) about specifying _why_ convergence is
something we are striving for, or even why it is good. i'm not sure how
we fit that message into something this tightly crafted, but it's a nice
consideration.

mike