[openstack-dev] [heat] operators vs users for choosing convergence engine

Sergey Kraynev skraynev at mirantis.com
Tue Feb 3 14:07:04 UTC 2015

I really like some benefits of this approach:
 - easy use in functional tests (did not require additional job)
 - every user can try from this moment
 - we can use both code ways in the same time without service restarting

So I really close to give my +1, if someone give answers on questions from
other side:
 - as Angus said, how we plan deprecate it then (when new code will become
default) more softer for users?
 - As I understand the parameter option will have upper priority then
config.
   so operator has not way to block it from users and they should decide
themselves what they want (what is more safely)? (and of course choose new,
because it sounds better)
 - I really afraid, that some users will start use new option and will be
disappointed, due to they expect a lot of benefits, but the reality will be
different.
   IMO, exposing so young feature looks cool for development part and
gathering feedback, but dangerous for "stable" product users + bad example
of commercial.

If somebody help me to remove these doubts, I will be thankful to him :)

Regards,
Sergey.