[openstack-dev] [Product] [all][log] Openstack HTTP error codes

Rochelle Grober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Mon Feb 2 21:34:12 UTC 2015

What I see in this conversation is that we are talking about multiple different user classes.

Infra-operator needs as much info as possible, so if it is a vendor driver that is erring out, the dev-ops can see it in the log.

Tenant-operator is a totally different class of user.  These guys need VM based logs and virtual network based logs, etc., but should never see as far under the covers as the infra-ops *has* to see.

So, sounds like a security policy issue of what makes it to tenant logs and what stays "in the data center" thing.

There are *lots* of logs that are being generated.  It sounds like we need standards on what goes into which logs along with error codes, logging/reporting levels, criticality, etc.

--Rocky

(bcc'ing the ops list so they can join this discussion, here)