[openstack-dev] [Heat] Talk on Jinja Metatemplates for upcoming summit

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 2 19:44:59 UTC 2015

Hi Pratik,

what would be the aim for this templating? I ask since we in Heat try to
keep the imperative logic like e.g. if-else out of heat templates, leaving
it to other services. Plus there is already a spec for a heat template
function to repeat pieces of template structure [1].

I can definitely say that some other OpenStack projects that are consumers
of Heat will be interested - Trove already tries to use Jinja templates to
create Heat templates [2], and possibly Sahara and Murano might be
interested as well (I suspect though the latter already uses YAQL for that).

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/140849/
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/trove/blob/master/trove/templates/default.heat.template

Best regards,