[openstack-dev] [OpenStack Foundation] Finding people to work on the EC2 API in Nova

Alexandre Levine alevine at cloudscaling.com
Mon Feb 2 17:07:27 UTC 2015

On 2/2/15 7:39 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 02/02/2015 11:35 AM, Alexandre Levine wrote:
>> Thank you Sean.
>>
>> We'll be tons of EC2 Tempest tests for your attention shortly.
>> How would you prefer them? In several reviews, I believe. Not in one,
>> right?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>    Alex Levine
> So, honestly, I think that we should probably look at getting the ec2
> tests out of the Tempest tree as well and into a more dedicated place.
> Like as part of the stackforge project tree. Given that the right
> expertise would be there as well. It could use tempest-lib for some of
> the common parts.
>
> 	-Sean
We tried to find out about tempest-lib, asked Keichi Ohmichi, but it
seems that's still work in progress. Can you point us somewhere where we
can understand how to employ this technology.
So the use cases will be:

1. Be able to run the suit against EC2 in nova.
2. Be able to run the suit against stackforge/EC2.
3. Use that for gating for both repos.

Additional complication here is that some of the tests will have to
skipped because of functionality absence or because of bugs in nova's
EC2 but should be employed against stackforge's version.

Could you advice how to achieve such effects?