[openstack-dev] [puppet] adding puppet-rally to OpenStack

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Dec 31 13:42:33 UTC 2015

On 12/30/2015 09:29 PM, Andy Botting wrote:
> Hi Emillien,
>

>     I think we would love having this module part of OpenStack, if it's ok
>     for you.
>
>     The process to move it is documented [1] but I can take care of it if
>     you prefer, just let me know.
>
>     Thanks for your collaboration, we're looking forward to have
>     puppet-rally part of our forge.
>

> I think I've followed the technical part of that document, but if you
> wouldn't mind handing the rest, that would be great.
>
> I'm glad this work will be of use to the rest of the community :)

I looked again at your module and I see two options:

* import your module in OpenStack and make it compliant (your module
does not have tests, readme, and some pieces are missing), and cleanup a
lot of things
* create a new module from scratch in OpenStack using our procedure with
cookiebutter (we did recent changes for new coding style), import some
bits from your modules.

I would be in favor of the option #2 so we could start from something
clean and iterate by using your experience on this work. I happy to help
in this work.

Working on the import now:
https://review.openstack.org/262786
https://review.openstack.org/262788