[openstack-dev] [horizon][infra] django.pot hardcoded or not?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:07:45 UTC 2015

I haven't looked into the code detail, but as far as I read
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/topics/i18n/translation/#specialties-of-django-translation
it is enforced by django framework.

How django searches message catalogs is described at
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/topics/i18n/translation/#how-django-discovers-translations.
In addition, django requires separate string domains for python part
and JavaScript part.

I don't think it is easy to change this.

I think it is better to define a tox target to extract message catalogs
instead of using "tox -e venv - ....".

Akihiro