[openstack-dev] [kolla] Adding Ubuntu Liberty to Kolla-Mitaka

Canonical Calendar james.page at canonical.com
Wed Dec 30 10:07:03 UTC 2015

> On 30 Dec 2015, at 07:25, Michal Rostecki <mrostecki at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/30/2015 03:17 AM, Lei Zhang wrote:
>> Why the package is still the nova 12.0.0 rather than 13.0.0 ? [0]
>> Most the package is updated at Nov 9, 2015. But it is almost 2016 now.
>>
>> [0]
>> http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-cloud-archive/mitaka-staging/ubuntu/pool/main/n/nova/
>
> I see that the most of packages from that repo are in Liberty version. The same situation is i.e. with neutron (7.0.0)[0], heat (5.0.0)[1], glance (11.0.0).
>
> On the other hand, cinder (8.0.0, 24th Dec)[3] seems to be from Mitaka.
>
> If the default services used by kolla[4] will be packaged from Mitaka, it would be nice to switch to mitaka-staging - at least IMO it'd be still better than using Liberty packages. But for now, it's impossible.

The Mitaka 1 update is still in progress - it ran into the start of the holiday period so right now will be a mix of releases.

I'd expect that to be sorted out by the end of next week when the packaging team get back post new year

For reference these are links that might be more accessible for referencing versions

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-cloud-archive/+archive/ubuntu/mitaka-staging