[openstack-dev] [puppet] using service names from Keystone's default catalog

Emilien Macchi emilien.macchi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 13:27:06 UTC 2015

Hey,

Before breaking backward compatibility, we need operators thoughts about:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-glance/+bug/1506061

The warning sent in stable/liberty asked people to update service_name to
match with Keystone's default catalog, and said in Mitaka we would set the
parameter right by default.
The downside of that is, if you already run an environment, you'll have to
manually drop the old service if you did not use the right service_name
('Image Service' for Glance, etc). The endpoint is updated though and the
Glance-API service is automatically restarted (I tested it and all works
fine after this update). The only thing I had to do post puppet-run was to
drop the old service (well, you can leave it alone, since the endpoint use
service_id).

Is it acceptable?
If yes, this patch is valid: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/261317
Please review it.
If no, please propose something else, on this thread or in the patch
directly.

Thanks for your feedback,
--
Emilien Macchi