[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Spec policy

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 23:22:41 UTC 2015

We've been developing following the spec and blueprint approach for a while
and have even been firm with requiring "blueprint or bug" on commit
messages for a while now. However we have been more than neglecting the
specification ('spec') process. Quite often we see that a spec languishes
on review, sometimes its not reviewed, others it's not updated by the
other. In the end, its common that code lands in the component prior to the
spec being completed and merged its self. Furthermore this results in late
management of the blueprints in launchpad.

I propose that we start enforcing the implied spec requirement. At the same
time, we should be managing the blueprint status along with the spec so
that reviewers can quickly identify the status of the blueprint. Lastly, we
will need to clarify the role of the spec on the wiki as it's currently not
clear.

Andrew Woodward

Mirantis

Fuel Community Ambassador