[openstack-dev] [neutron] How to make deb and rpm packages for a networking-* project?

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Wed Dec 23 07:26:19 UTC 2015

On 22/12/15 16:05, P. Ramanjaneya Reddy wrote:
> Changes are not merged to upstream still, we need to generate the rpm or
> deb with local changes.
> Please describe the steps/method how to generate..
>
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Jaume Devesa <devvesa at gmail.com
> <mailto:devvesa at gmail.com>> wrote:

One can apply patches during package build process.

In the wider scope of RDO it is described  how to do use git for patch
handling and how to automatically generate and add patches to packages.

It all falls down to a git clone, cherry-pick patches and re-generate
packages. If you never heard before about building packages, I suggest
to look at that before.

Matthias