[openstack-dev] [openstack][magnum]a problem about trust

王华 wanghua.humble at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 08:55:17 UTC 2015

Hi all,

When we create a trust to a trustee with a role, the trustor must have this
role. Here is a problem I meet in my bp [1]. I need to create a trust with
a role, with the trust docker registry can access Swift to store images.
But the trustor (the user who uses magnum) may not have the role. How can
we address this problem?

There are two ways.

1. Add the role to the trustor with the magnum admin user privilege. But
when we need to delete the role, we can not know whether the role is added
by magnum or is owned by the trustor.

2. Let magnum trust the trustee with the role. We can assign the role to
magnum before we start magnum.

[1]https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/registryv2-in-master

Regards,
Wanghua