[openstack-dev] tacker

Sripriya Seetharam sseetha at Brocade.com
Tue Dec 22 06:23:01 UTC 2015

Hello Yeping Liu,

You can create a VNFD template using the command:

tacker vnfd-create --vnfd-name sample_vnfd --vnfd-file ~/tacker/devstack/samples/sample-vnfd-monitor.yaml

Here, --vnfd-file argument takes the template yaml file as an input

You can find more templates at https://github.com/openstack/tacker/tree/master/devstack/samples

Monitoring can be enabled in the VNFD template using the 'monitoring_policy' section in VNFD template. We support 'ping' and http_ping' monitoring drivers

You can deploy VNF using the created VNFD template with the command:
vnf-create --vnf-name test_vnf --vnfd-name sample_vnfd

Feel free to ping us on #tacker IRC channel or drop a question on https://answers.launchpad.net/tacker .

Cheers,
Sripriya

From: Demo [mailto:290564850 at qq.com]
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 6:41 AM
To: openstack-dev <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: [openstack-dev] tacker

dear you:
        I have installed tacker in my ubuntu system,and binded to an openstack instance ,but I did't find the way to add an VNFD in tacker.  using this command," tacker vnfd-create --name ${VNFD_NAME} --vnfd-file ${VNFD_TOSCA_YAML-FILE}"  where should I place the YAML file.  further,I want to set up the whole system,including tacker and openstack, I am confused How to make tacker perform in right way. such as ,create VDU , minitor VM.sorry for my poor English and bad logical.appriciate your reply.
                                                                                                                                              a tacker learner
                                                                                                                                                 Yeping Liu