[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Removal of support for nova-network

Sheena Gregson sgregson at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 22 01:01:16 UTC 2015

Hey guys –

I know this has been a topic of a lot of discussion – Adrian informed me on
Friday that QA has confirmed the multi-hypervisor use case has been tested
successfully without nova-network, so we can finally deprecate it!

Users who want to deploy multiple hypervisors will need to use the Fuel DVS
plugin (Neutron ML2 driver) to support their vCenter computes and the
KVM/QEMU computes can use Neutron + GRE/VXLAN.

I’ve created a kind of “cover all the things” bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1528407.  Given the state of
nova-network right now in Fuel, I have marked it as Critical.

Let’s start the conversation on here and make sure all the bases are
covered – if additional bugs need to be logged or there’s administrative
overhead, let me know and I’ll be happy to help out!

Sheena Gregson | Sr. Product Manager | Mirantis <http://www.mirantis.com/>

p: +1 650 646 3302 | e: sgregson at mirantis.com