[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] - Unable to save contact information in Gerrit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Dec 18 21:45:52 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-18 15:33:17 +0000 (+0000), Truman, Travis wrote:
> Receive a server error response when attempting to save Gerrit
> contact information on both the settings screen as well as when
> creating a new individual contributor agreement.
>
> Screenshot of error received:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q7u0kku18132xg/Screenshot%202015-12-18%2010.32.09.png?dl=0
>
> I've been able to reproduce consistently since Gerrit came back up
> following the upgrade.

Did you try it before the Gerrit upgrade? I'm still consistently
able to test it with my account and see working results.

Normally when people get this error it's either because they
neglected to create an OpenStack Foundation Individual Member
account, or didn't set the same primary E-mail address there as they
used for their Gerrit preferred E-mail address. Also sometimes
people had created "community" member accounts instead of
"foundation" member accounts because they started out doing
non-code-contribution/board-election things like proposing talks for
or chairing conference tracks, using the groups site for user group
coordination, et cetera and in those cases they just need to upgrade
their www.openstack.org profile to foundation member.

I recommend reviewing our account setup steps at
http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#account-setup
and also see https://ask.openstack.org/question/56720 for
troubleshooting suggestions.

Also very rarely there's a problem with their foundation account
which causes the contact info API call to error for them even after
these other causes have been ruled out, and need assistance from one
of the foundation site maintainers to iron it out. If this turns out
to be the case, report it at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-org/+filebug and someone should
get back to you after fixing the problem.
--
Jeremy Stanley