[openstack-dev] [oslo][keystone] Move oslo.policy from oslo to keystone

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Dec 18 08:38:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 17 2015, Flavio Percoco wrote:

> Just want to +1 all the above.
>
> It'd be great if we can finally hand the library over to the keystone
> team, where I think it belongs.

While I have nothing against moving oslo.policy to Keystone, I would
like to emphasize that one of the upside for me of the current
oslo.policy is how untied to Keystone it is.

It works very well with Keystone concepts (user, projects, roles…) but
can also be used with any other external authorization source as they
are very uncoupled.

Even if the project moves to Keystone, I hope that it will continue to
be this way and trust the new maintainers to keep that in their mind. :)

Best,
--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker