[openstack-dev] [neutron][grenade] l3.filters fail to update at test server

Zong Kai YL Li lzklibj at cn.ibm.com
Fri Dec 18 06:17:06 UTC 2015

>> Hi, all.
>> I met a problem when I submitted a neutron l3 related patch, I updated
>> l3.filters to add a rootwrap for command arp, but on test server,
grenade
>> seems doesn't update l3.filters, that cause gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron
>> failed.
>>
>> Does anyone met this problem before? If not yet, can someone please help

>> review [1] ? And [2] is the bug report for this.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Best regards.

>> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/grenade/+bug/1527018

> Yes, you need to update rootwrap filters in grenade if they are required

> for the new side of the cloud. But why do you update from-juno scripts
for
> that? Does your patch really target Kilo?

Hi, Ihar, I was misunderstood for that. So seems I need create from-liberty
directory, and for cherry-pick concern, from-kilo is also needed.

>> I believe that we should always unconditionally update filters with new

>> versions when doing upgrades. Filters should not actually be considered

>> configuration files in the first place since they are tightly coupled
with
>> the code that triggers commands.

>> Ihar

> +1.  I was actually very surprised to learn how this is handled and
> had the same thought.

> Carl

Hi, Carl and Ihar, A simple idea I have for now, is to make the whole
rootwarp.d directory been updated, not a single filters file. I will try
to do something for this.

Lizk

Thanks.
Best regards.