[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Live Migration Issues with L3/L2

Vasudevan, Swaminathan (PNB Roseville) swaminathan.vasudevan at hpe.com
Thu Dec 17 19:08:42 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,
I would like organize a meeting between the Nova and Neutron team to work refining the Nova/Neutron notificiations for the Live Migration.

Today we only have Notification from Neutron to Nova on any port status update.

But we don't have any similar notification from Nova on any Migration state change.
Neutron L3 will be interested in knowing the state change for vm migration and can take necessary action pro-actively to create the necessary L3 related plumbing that is required.

Here are some of the bugs that are currently filed with respect to nova live migration and neutron.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1456073
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1414559

Please let me know who will be interested in participating in the discussion.
It would be great if we get some cores attention from "Nova and Neutron".

Thanks.
Swaminathan Vasudevan
Systems Software Engineer (TC)

Hewlett Packard Enterprise