[openstack-dev] [gate] any project using olso.db test_migrations is currently blocked

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Thu Dec 17 17:53:04 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote:
> I will update on Neutron side of things since it seems I have some knowledge
> from the fields.
>
> So first, on resources: we have Sachi and lifeless from infra side + Ihar
> and pc_m looking into expanding constrained jobs in Neutron world.

This is great.  Thank you for your efforts.

> Current status is:
> - all devstack based jobs are already constrained thanks to infra;
> - openstack/neutron pep8/unit/doc/cover jobs are already constrained in
> Liberty and master;
> - for *aas repos, pc_m is currently on top of it, following up on my
> original patches to introduce tox targets and make them voting in master
> gate; we also look into backporting targets and gate setup into Liberty.

This is good progress.

> Note that the new alembic release still broke openstack/neutron repo
> (functional job). This is because even though the job uses devstack to
> bootstrap the environment, it still calls tox to start tests, which makes
> the new venv with no constraints applied prepared and used. Same problem
> probably affects fullstack and api jobs since they use similar setup
> approach.

Is there a bug for this?  If not, I'm considering filing a bug with at
least High importance to track this.  I'd be tempted to mark it as
Critical because when this stuff breaks, it generates a Critical bug.
But, since it isn't blocking anyone *at the moment* maybe High is
better.

> So I have closing the remaining loop hole on my personal agenda; but note
> that the agenda is really packed pretty much all the time, hence no time
> guarantees; so if someone has cycles to help making the neutron gate more
> fault proof, don’t hesitate to volunteer, I am extremely happy to help with
> it.

I understand.  We're all getting pulled in many directions.  My own
agenda is so over-full I don't think anyone could depend on me to
follow through with this.  Is there anyone who could volunteer to tie
up some of these loose ends for Neutron?

Carl