[openstack-dev] [neutron][grenade] l3.filters fail to update at test server

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 12:12:47 UTC 2015

Zong Kai YL Li <lzklibj at cn.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi, all.
> I met a problem when I submitted a neutron l3 related patch, I updated
> l3.filters to add a rootwrap for command arp, but on test server, grenade
> seems doesn't update l3.filters, that cause gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron
> failed.
>
> Does anyone met this problem before? If not yet, can someone please help
> review [1] ? And [2] is the bug report for this.
>
> Thanks.
> Best regards.

> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/grenade/+bug/1527018

Yes, you need to update rootwrap filters in grenade if they are required
for the new side of the cloud. But why do you update from-juno scripts for
that? Does your patch really target Kilo?

I believe that we should always unconditionally update filters with new
versions when doing upgrades. Filters should not actually be considered
configuration files in the first place since they are tightly coupled with
the code that triggers commands.

Ihar