[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Bareon] Fuel & Bareon integration (fuel modularisation)

Evgeniy L eli at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 17 10:29:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

Some time ago, we’ve started a discussion [0] about Fuel modularisation
activity.
Due to unexpected circumstances POC has been delayed.

Regarding to partitioning/provisioning system, we have POC with a demo [1]
(thanks to Sylwester), which shows how the integration of Fuel and Bareon
[2] can
be done.

To summarise the implementation:
* we have a simple implementation of Bareon-API [3], which stores
partitioning
  related data and allows to edit it
* for Nailgun new extension has been implemented [4], which uses Bareon-API
  to store partitioning information, so we will be able to easily switch
between
  classic volume_manager implementation and Bareon-API extension
* when provisioning gets started, extensions retrieves the data from
Bareon-API

Next steps:
* create Bareon-API repository, and start production ready implementation
* create a spec for Fuel project
* create a spec for Bareon project

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them in this thread, also
you can
find us on #openstack-bareon channel.

Thanks!

[0]