[openstack-dev] [stable] meeting time proposal

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Dec 17 05:36:51 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 08:17:03PM -0600, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> 2100 UTC is 3pm for me. The latest I could probably do is 2200 UTC but I
> can't do anything later than that since I have a 4 year old that has to be
> picked up every day.
>
> The only way we probably get a meeting time that's good for China/Japan is
> if someone else runs one of those at like 00:00 UTC, which maybe Tony Breeds
> would be willing to do.

I'd be willing to do that BUT ...

> I'd kind of like to get a (stable) regular meeting going before we start
> switching it up though, especially since I'm not sure how many people are in
> an Asian timezone that are involved in stable branch maintenance (Tony is
> the closest lead I can think of near that time really).

I really think we need a period to "bootstrap" this.  If we move the APAC
meeting to a time that Matt can't attend then we'd dilute the value of that
meeting.

Excluding people isn't my aim, especially as we've been asking for help for a
long time.  I'd like to see us stick this this schedule for a while[1] then
once we have some traction and trust we can look at including more people.

I do note that attendance at the meeting isn't *required*[2] Many of us are in
#openstack-stable a quick chat there can be very productive.

Yours Tony.

[1] Perhaps post N election?
[2] I agree it is valuable.