[openstack-dev] [openstack][magnum] Quota for Magnum Resources

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Thu Dec 17 00:05:29 UTC 2015

Yeah, as an op, I've run into a few things that need quota's that just have basically hardcoded values. heat stacks for example. its a single global in /etc/heat/heat.conf:max_stacks_per_tenant=100. Instead of being able to tweak it for just our one project that legitimately has to create over 200 stacks, I had to set it cloud wide and I had to bounce services to do it. Please don't do that.

Ideally, it would be nice if the quota stuff could be pulled out into its own shared lib  (oslo?) and shared amongst projects so that they don't have to spend much effort implementing quota's. Maybe then things that need quota's that don't currently can more easily get them.

Thanks,
Kevin