[openstack-dev] [openstack][magnum] Quota for Magnum Resources

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Dec 16 20:54:12 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Fox, Kevin M's message of 2015-12-16 12:19:59 -0800:
> keypairs are real though. they consume database resource at the moment. You don't want a user blowing out your db. Quota's should be for things that ops will get sad over, if the users consume too many of them.

Limit every user to 10000 keys. It's not going to break _anything_.

Rows in a table are not free, I agree. However, these are what I'm
referring to as "implementation limitations". Nobody is looking for a
cloud to store keys cost effectively. So put a sane per-user limit on
them that guards your implementation against incompetence and/or malice,
and otherwise focus on quotas for things that users pay for.

(oh also, keys are special because they're kind of big, and big things
in the database are a bad idea. I say move keys to swift and bill the
user for them as objects. ;)