[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Disable 3.[3-7] gates for master?

Alex Schultz aschultz at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 16 14:42:37 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 3:33 AM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski
<bpiotrowski at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Fuelers,
>
> with the switch to CentOS 7, we also started using Puppet 3.8 in place
> of 3.4. Is there any reason to run entire range of
> gate-fuel-library-puppet-unit-3.*-dsvm-centos7 tests?
>
> I suppose we could leave only 3.8 and 4.0 there (at least for master).
> For stable branches we could keep just 3.4, 3.8 and 4.0 and disable the
> rest.
>
> What do you think?

We should probably figure out what versions are supported by the
distributions and target those. I would say we need to keep 3.4 since
that's what ships with Ubuntu.  That being said as we move to
supporting Fuel being installed via packages and not relying on the
existing packages being provided by MOS, the end user could use any
version of puppet they so desire via the puppetlabs repositories.
We're just using the same set of tests that the Puppet OpenStack folks
are using so it would continue to benefit us to support the same set
of tests if there is no compelling reason not to.  Are we running into
a particular issue with the other jobs?

Thanks,
-Alex