[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Ubuntu bootstrap] WebUI notification

Artur Svechnikov asvechnikov at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 16 13:31:05 UTC 2015

> We keep it As Is, and say "user should not use Fuel until Fuel
> Master deployment is finished".

Yep deployment can be finished, but was it successful? As I already told
deployment was finished, but bootstrap wasn't built. Command for building
bootstrap wasn't called because of some reason.

> We make API / Web UI unaccessible externally until Fuel Master is
> deployed (e.g. iptables rules or nginx ones).

This approach seems too suspicious for me, due to the same reason as above.
I can imagine some workflow: Fuel deploying => WebUI blocked => deployment
is failed due to some minor thing => I fix it => Ooops how can I activate
WebUI... But maybe I'm wrong, anyway this approach required serious change
of nailgun by handling deployment process.

I really can't understand why is it bad to set error message by default. By
default before all deployment is not finished master hasn't any valid
bootstrap image, hence this error message is not bad or weird, it's in
right place. Error message will be disabled by fuel-bootstrap-cli after
building, activation of bootstrap image.

Best regards,
Svechnikov Artur