[openstack-dev] [midonet] ping cannot work from VM to external gateway IP.

Li Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:08:16 UTC 2015

Hi Midoers,

I have a platform running Midonet 2015 (I think it is the last release
when you switch to 5.0).
I cannot ping from VM to external gateway IP (which is set up at the
physical router side).

VM inter-connectivity is OK.

When I tcpdump packets on the physical interface located in the gateway node,
I just grabbed lots of ARP requests to external gateway IP.

I'm not sure how midonet gateway manages ARP?
Will the ARP be cached on the gateway host?

Can I specify a static ARP record by 'ip command' on gateway node to
solve it quickly (not gracefully)?

(Currently I'm in the business trip that cannot touch the environment.
So, I'd like to get some ideas first and then I can tell my partners
to work on it.)

Thanks a lot,

--

Li Ma (Nick)