[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Team meeting this Tuesday at 1400UTC

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 15 08:37:51 UTC 2015

I want to quickly share the status on the modular l2 agent (common
agent) refactoring blueprint [1] - I'm not able to attend this
afternoon...

- Till Christmas, I would like to see the extension manager patchset
merged [2]
- The goal for Mitaka-2 is to make the split between the common part and
the lb specific part of the lb agent [3]. This is a optimistic goal, as
there's not much time left for review in the new year due to holiday
season, but let's see!
- The goal for Mitaka-3 is to move that common agent into a new file and
implement a driver for macvtap [4]

In parallel to this effort I'm actively reviewing sriovnicagent patches
to make sure new implementations will be compliant to the new common
agent (or modular l2 agent).

Thanks!

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/modular-l2-agent
[2] https://review.openstack.org/250542