[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam status report

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:51:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

We are overjoyed to present this week's subteam report for Ironic. As
usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
===============
(diff with Dec 7)
- Open: 179 (+4). 16 new (+4), 58 in progress (-3), 0 critical (-1), 13
high (-3) and 9 incomplete
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 25 (+1). 0 new, 0 critical, 0 high
- Inspector bugs: 28 (+14). 0 new, 0 critical, 7 high (+1)
- no panic: substantial bug number increase is probably due to move to RFE
process

Network isolation (Neutron/Ironic work) (jroll)
- in review
    - ironic:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ironic+branch:master+topic:bp/network_provider,n,z
    - nova:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/ironic-networks-support,n,z
    - devstack support:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ironic+branch:master+topic:bp/ironic-ml2-integration,n,z

Manual cleaning (rloo)
======================
- awaiting reviews:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ironic+branch:master+topic:bp/manual-cleaning,n,z

Node filter API and claims endpoint (jroll, devananda, lucasagomes)
- POC code for indexing the node's properties field:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/252531/

Multiple compute hosts (jroll, devananda)
- basically stuck in a place where we can't make everyone happy
- started a thread on the ML, hoping to get some action there

ironic-lib adoption (rloo)
==========================
- *almost* there. patch +A'd, waiting for Jenkins to be happy:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184443/

Doc (jroll, liliars)
====================
- the admin guide has a baremetal/trouble-shooting section. Yay!
    -
http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/baremetal.html#troubleshooting
    - please make sure we don't have duplicated info (like the
troubleshooting).
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/4.3.0/deploy/troubleshooting.html.
Eg, put link in our dev docs to admin guide
- official docs: release-specific pages
    - only install guide (doesn't include us) and config-reference
(includes us)
    - to change old versions of such docs we need to send a patch tagged
with the specific version and they will updtate accordingly. not an
automatic process as we wanted/expected;
- official docs: install guides page
    - consensus is pointing to the creation of  a second, supplementary
Install Guide for other components.
    - Manila folks started a thread on this (
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2015-December/008051.html
)

Testing/Quality (jlvillal/lekha/krtaylor)
- CI spec merged! https://review.openstack.org/#/c/241294/
- vendor/driver communication sent
- current discussion on what to do with valuable drivers that are not fully
CI tested, contrib progect repo?
- this weeks subteam meeting (Wed 16-Dec 1700 UTC) is the last meeting for
the year

Inspector (dtansur)
===================
- We've moved from blueprints to RFE bugs
- HA architecture is being discussed, we welcome more opinions:
https://review.openstack.org/253675

Bifrost (TheJulia)
==================
- 0.1.0 was released on 12/14.

webclient (krotscheck / betherly)
=================================
- designs underway for v2 of the plugin
- v1 (panel wrapped in plugin) working on getting node details viewing
correctly

Drivers:
========
iRMC (naohirot)
https://review.openstack.org//#/q/owner:+naohirot+status:+open,n,z
    - Enhance Power Interface for Soft Reboot and NMI
(bp/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-reboot-and-nmi)
    - Add 'abort' support for Soft Power Off and Inject NMI
(bp/task-control-functions-for-long-running-tasks)
    - iRMC OOB rescue mode support (bp/irmc-oob-rescue-mode-support)

Until next week,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard