[openstack-dev] [Fuel] PostgreSQL 9.3 and JSON operations

Artem Silenkov asilenkov at mirantis.com
Mon Dec 14 13:04:20 UTC 2015

Hello!

Vote for update.

1. We have already shipped 9.3 in fuel-7.0. Downgrading such complicated
package without any reason is not good thing at all. User experience could
suffer a lot.
2. The next reason is tests. We have tested only 9.3, 9.2 was not tested at
all. I'm sure we could bring serious regressions by downgrading,
3. Postgres-9.3 is not custom. It was taken from KOJI packages and
backported without any modification. It means that this package is
officially tested and supported by Fedora, which is good.
4. One shipped package more is not a huge burden for us. It was officially
backported from official sources, tested and suits our need perfectly. Why
do we need to play such dangerous games downgrading for no reasons?

Let me notice that all packages are maintained by mos-packaging team now
And we are perfectly ok with postgres-9.3.

Downgrading for no reason could bring us to big trouble and bad user
experience.

Regards,
Artem Silenkov
---