[openstack-dev] [neutron] - availability zone performance regression and discussion about added network field

Hirofumi Ichihara ichihara.hirofumi at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Dec 14 06:31:06 UTC 2015

On 2015/12/14 14:52, Kevin Benton wrote:
> I see, so regular users are supposed to use this information as well.
> But how are they supposed to use it? For example, if they see that
> their network has availability zones 1 and 4, but their instance is
> hosted in zone 3, what are they supposed to do?
I don't think that there is what they should do in the case because
Neutron AZ is different from Nova AZ. For example, there may be a case
like the following.

1. User throws POST Network API and Subnet API with
availability_zone_hints [AZ1, AZ2]
2. Neutron server tries to schedule the resource on both AZ1 and AZ2 but
the resource are scheduled on AZ1 only by some reasons
3. User confirms via GET Network API where his resource is hosted and he
knows it's AZ1 only
4. User also can know AZ is ready via GET Availability zones API: AZ1, AZ3
5. User deletes previous resource and he recreates his resource with
availability_zone_hints [AZ1, AZ3]