[openstack-dev] [all] tox 2.3.0 broke tempest jobs

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Dec 12 18:55:22 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-12 21:18:29 +0300 (+0300), Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Here's a really recent failure :
> http://logs.openstack.org/30/256130/5/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-taskflow/5845dd4/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz
> tox still is 2.3.0 -
> http://logs.openstack.org/30/256130/5/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-taskflow/5845dd4/logs/pip-freeze.txt.gz

According to
http://logs.openstack.org/30/256130/5/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-taskflow/5845dd4/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2015-12-12_02_36_18_999
it was not upgraded, implying that the version present on the system
was already 2.3.0. It appears we had some additional "tainted"
diskimages which were still in the process of being uploaded to
hpcloud during my last pass of image deletes, so these have now been
cleared out as well along with any ready nodes booted from them. Any
rechecks past this point should run on nodes with an earlier
(working) tox version.

If anyone sees any further use of tox 2.3.0 after the time of this
E-mail, please let us know.
--
Jeremy Stanley