[openstack-dev] [ansible] One or more undefined variables: 'dict object' has no attribute 'bridge'

Mark Korondi korondi.mark at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 14:31:05 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Trying to set up openstack-ansible, but stuck on this point:

> TASK: [set local_ip fact (is_metal)] *****************************************
> fatal: [os-compute-1] => One or more undefined variables: 'dict object' has no
> attribute 'bridge'
> One or more undefined variables: 'dict object' has no attribute 'bridge'

These are my configs:
- http://paste.openstack.org/show/481739/
  (openstack_user_config.yml)
- http://paste.openstack.org/show/481740/
  (/etc/network/interfaces on compute host called `os-compute-1`)

I set up the eth12 veth pair interface also on the compute host as you can see.
`ifup-ifdown` works without any problems reported.

Why is it reporting an undefined bridge variable? Any ideas on my config is well
appreciated.

Mark