[openstack-dev] OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest December 5-11
mike at openstack.org
Fri Dec 11 19:32:45 UTC 2015
Perma Link: http://www.openstack.org/blog/2015/12/openstack-developer-mailing-list-digest-20151205/
Success Bot Says
* AJaeger: With Juno End-of-Life, Python 2.6 testing has been removed from
* Tell us yours via IRC with a message “#success [insert success]”.
* More: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Successes
Gerrit Update 12/16
* Gerrit will be offline December 16th 17:00-21:00 UTC
* Gerrit will be upgraded to 2.11
* IP address will stay the same.
* For questions, reply to the thread or on IRC #openstack-infra.
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081037.html
Release Countdown For Week R-17, Dec 7-11
* Focus should be on cross-project themes identified a the summit , and
whether any work needs to be done to address them in your project.
* Doug Hellmann will be offline until December 21st. The rest of the release
management team will able to assist via:
- IRC #openstack-release
- Mailing list with “[release]” in the subject.
* Release actions:
- If the Liberty release notes page  doesn’t have a link to your project’s
release notes, submit a patch to your deliverable file in
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081351.html
Bugs Will Now Close Automatically When Patches Merge
* Part of deprecating our use of Launchpad for tracking completed work, when a
patch with "Fixes-Bug" in the commit message merges, the bug will move to
‘Fixed Released” instead of “Fix Committed”.
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081612.html
Cleaning Up Deprecation Warnings in the Gate
* We have a lot of logs to process in our elastic search cluster, which results
in frequently having issues with the amount of RAM available in the cluster.
* In general it would be good for projects to look at how verbose their logging
is, and if that’s really necessary.
* Using this query  to show deprecation warnings on jobs running on master
the past 7 days shows 17576707 hits.
* We need volunteers to to make changes in things like Devstack to have it
avoid using deprecated options.
- If you would like to help, please use the topic
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081984.html
Stable Team PTL Elected
* Close to 200 voters have elected Matt Riedmann as the first stable team PTL
* Matt will be looking into meeting times next week to begin discussions on
transitioning from release team and work items.
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081824.html
Announcing the OpenStack Health Dashboard
* A dashboard to visualize the state of tests running in gate .
* Started last September, it’s still in early phases.
* Biggest limitations:
- The datastore: using subunit2sql as the backend for all data and only
collecting results for tempest and grenade runs in the gate and periodic
- No results for runs that fail before tempest starts running.
* Code 
* Launchpad 
* Work items that need to be done .
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/081464.html
 - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/078756.html
 - http://docs.openstack.org/releases/releases/liberty.html
 - http://logstash.openstack.org/#dashboard/file/logstash.json?query=message:%5C%22deprecated%5C%22%20AND%20loglevel:%5C%22WARNING%5C%22%20AND%20build_branch:%5C%22master%5C%22
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack-dev/devstack+branch:master+topic:stop-using-deprecated-options,n,z
 - http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_2f5fd6c3837eae2a
 - http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/
 - http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-health/
 - https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-health
 - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-health-tracking
More information about the OpenStack-dev