[openstack-dev] [glance][keystone][artifacts] Service Catalog name for Glance Artifact Repository API

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 19:06:14 UTC 2015

The port is an arbitray choice for developers running on standalone
services over HTTP. Just don't choose something in the linux ephemeral port
range :) In production, assume all services can be deployed on 443.

As for service *type*, it should not include project names, code names, API
versions, or branding. It should be unique specific, and
non-ambiguous. Keystone provides an "identity" type service, Nova provides
a "compute" type service, etc.